• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding sides to 5-ton flatbed

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to be able to haul loose firewood, and whatever else I could shove on the trailer. Welded some angle iron to the laundry trailer uprights, and added a center post with angle iron on the long side of the trailer. Now just stack 2x4's from the top, and insert a screw on the top board to keep it all together. 90 2x4's, 8 pieces of angleiron, 2 pieces of channel iron and I have hard sides for the trailer. Had to pull 500 nails out of the 2x4's, they came from a office in a factory. Also have the tarp for the top to keep everything dry.

Here's pics!

Dennis

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just pull two screws at the top, and any of the 6 sections slid out. Then the entire frame unbolts for flatbed use.

Mark2X2

Wanted to be able to haul loose firewood, and whatever else I could shove on the trailer. Welded some angle iron to the laundry trailer uprights, and added a center post with angle iron on the long side of the trailer. Now just stack 2x4's from the top, and insert a screw on the top board to keep it all together. 90 2x4's, 8 pieces of angleiron, 2 pieces of channel iron and I have hard sides for the trailer. Had to pull 500 nails out of the 2x4's, they came from a office in a factory. Also have the tarp for the top to keep everything dry.

Here's pics!

Dennis

Dennis,
Great job on the trailer, well thought out. If you want to pull an anchor, tow it with all four sides installed and no top tarp!
Mark

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It doesn't come with ramps. It does have 4 lugs on the rear, about 3 in dia inside. I have ramps that need cut down. Using a long 2" pipe, I can attach them to the lugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks