• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

adding Toyota AC to m1009...thoughts?

CR99

man, have been reading all the posts about AC and not very convincing stuff. Being that I am in the jungle, AC is a must. My mech is adding a Toyota unit on the passenger side of the engine. Are there any issues I should make him aware of? Also, I have heard that GM and Toyota have a deal where part sharing is possible in some situations? Any one have any feedback? NO AC is not an option....

kingsley

AC follow up

No ideas, but I have often wondered why you could use one alt and cycle charge both batteries. they do sell intelligent switches to cycle charge batteries off one alternator.

CCATLETT1984

RE: AC follow up

you cant charge two 12v batteries in series off of one 12v alternator, you'd have to be able to swith the ground and the positive wires at the same time, let alone the sense wire.

if he's adding air on the passenger side of the truck there is enough room that if you fab a bracket you coule fit the compressor, and if you get the 4 groove crank pulley from a humvee engine then you'll be able to run it on its own belt.

choll

RE: AC follow up

I put AC in mine last year, I live in Las Vegas, I bought a full kit from Air and Sound 1212 S Joplin Joplin MO 64801 (417)623 0515. This company was great!! They send you everything you need including the brackets tomount the compressor.

CR99

I wish it were that easy, but not a lot of Chevys down here in Costa Rica. They are installing it now, and they are putting it on the passenger side with it own belt, as suggested earlier. I will post pics once complete but things take a while down here....

CCATLETT1984

please take lots of pics, a few other members are looking into doing this. It would be ever better if you could take some pictures and measurements of the bracket you are attaching the pump to the engine with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks