• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

adjusting the shifting on the side of the injection pump

84cucv1ton

been trying to get my m1009 to shift better. after the modulator it was better. can the thing on the side of the pump go bad? (what is that thing called) way to test it? thanks

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they do go bad, about $95 for a new one. If you rotate it back toward the firewall it will shift faster, rotate it toward the front and it will shift slower. You can test it but you need an accurate vacuume gage. Also test the vacuume at the pump, you should have 24-25 inches at idle.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out that's what was wrong with mine. It had been pulled all the way forward as far as it would go. The bolts were tight so it's not like it could have been bumped that way. I pushed it back about half way but now it's shifting a little too smooth. It is hard to tell when it shifts into drive so I need to tweak it a little.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out that's what was wrong with mine. It had been pulled all the way forward as far as it would go. The bolts were tight so it's not like it could have been bumped that way. I pushed it back about half way but now it's shifting a little too smooth. It is hard to tell when it shifts into drive so I need to tweak it a little.

Glad to hear you solved the problem. I was begining to think that truck was jinxed......lol

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No pictures but it's right in front of the air cleaner. There will be 2 vacuum lines coming in from the passenger side. There is a 3/8 bolt a little behind the top of it and another that you can get to from the passenger side through the intake. You don't need to take the bolts all the way out just loosen them until the unit pivots.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear you solved the problem. I was begining to think that truck was jinxed......lol
You had to say "jinxed." Now I've got a steady class 3 fuel leak coming from somewhere around the fuel pump. It's losing about a pint every 3 hours. There is also a class 3 at the torque converter output shaft. I should have replaced the seal when I had it out but figured it was a NOS unit so should be okay. I always get things right the 2nd or 3rd time around.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had to say "jinxed." Now I've got a steady class 3 fuel leak coming from somewhere around the fuel pump.
If it is running okay and leaking, double check the steel fuel line at the top of the pump. I may not have gotten it tight when I removed the pump and replaced the hose. If the hose was bad it would be sucking air and quit running.

Sorry for saying the "bad" word. :roll:

Warthog