• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adjusting Valves on gasser R6602....you da' man!!!!!!

Towman2277

Let me tell you something fellow MV lovers.....if you wanna find out if your a real man, I mean a REAL MAN!! Try adjusting the valves on a gasser 6602 per the manual. Good luck fellas!!!!!!! I tried today, and reading it I was thinking "yeah, this will be easy!" Sure :D !! I did the preliminary warmup, shut her down, and pulled the valve covers. Simple enough. Then fired my ole' gal back up, and went to adjust them, while running, per the manual "the right way"........first you learn that you will NEVER be able to hold the screwdriver on the adjustment arm!!!!! Even at 450 rpms, it ain't happening fellas!! :? So, after almost smashing my fingers three times, I shut her down, and slowly bumped the motor around and adjusted as the valves were fully closed. Worked great!! :lol:

RF202

RE: Adjusting Valves on gasser R6602....you da

Steve,
There is an art to "riding" the adjustment screw, and also they use to make a screwdriver, if you could call it that, which had a wide blade, probably about 5/8" wide which made it a lot easier. Daily experience also helps a lot. I doubt you could even find one of these even through Snapon or other tool manufacturers, as this type of valve adjustment went out of style a long time ago. I adjusted mine (R6602) a couple of years ago and it brought back a lot of memories. Still not my favorite maintenance operation !! lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks