• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice for picking up truck

martinrdb

I'm about to pick up a 1984 AM General M35A2C from the Government. It has done 16k miles (700 hrs) and the location is about 100 miles from me.

My question relates to the chances I have of simply starting this (with some tweaks here and there) and driving it home without the need of being trailored ?

I've read several threads about what you might need to do and items to replace (eg: fuel filters, air filters etc) and I'm going equiped with various tools, lubricants etc. But I wanted to know if I'm way off from reality thinking this is possible ?

I'm not sure whether the military start these vehicles on a regular basis to keep them ready if they need them, or they simply leave them untouched for years so things are seized etc.

Any advice, knowledge, ideas ? much appreciated.

Thank you

Martin.

St. Louis, Missouri

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you buy this truck from Government Liquidation? If so, they are usually very good about telling you what they think about your chances with the particular truck. Just call the site officer where it is.