• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice needed, maybe not heeded.

dahoyle

Figured this would be the place to ask, since all the experts are here.

What I am looking at, is an M37. Didn't take the time to clean the data plate, so not sure of the year.

The thing is, it is not complete, and will never have the original drivetrain, which isn't really a concern to me.

The asking price is $600, for everything from the frame up, including bows for top, and all small items that generally come up missing on old parts vehicles. The reason I'm sure I can get it all, is because the gentleman who has it, has a total of at least 6 old M37's in various states of dis-repair, but the sheetmetal is really good on all of them. He has one which is a driver, and the rest are just scattered about his property. He also has an old M43 which looked remarkably complete except for the engine, which was laying on the ground next to it.

Drivetrain is not an issue for me. I have a complete 1 ton drivetrain, as well as a shop full of various transfer cases, doubler parts, and a 4BT bolted to an Allison.

I know that most here are purists, but as I said, this thing will never be whole again, so if I get it, that's what is going in it. I could get a pair of axles and transfer case as well, but it would cost more, and no matter what, I'm not going to be able to restore the rest of the driveline, so figured I'd just go modern on everything that couldn't be seen.

Is 600 too much for a complete frame and body. From what I have seen, it is really cheap, but at the same time, it is nowhere near complete.

For what it's worth, it'll share space with it's stablemate. A '67 715. That one is going together stock, but it has a long way to go.

Thanks
Doug

poppop

Just my opinion and you know about them, but if the frame and sheetmetal are sound and with all the little parts you say go with it that is a decent price. I would buy it if it was closer.

Wolf.Dose

37 with original body are getting reare. The engine mut not neccessaryly a T245, any Dodge flat head looks the same, up to a 5.7 l engine. A transmission and a transfer from a W300M power wagon is the same. The interior of the M715 series transmission and transfer is of the same rating. The propellent shafts should be made fit by a good shaft shop. So I think the truck is worth the money.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks