• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on M923A2 Purchase???

z1classic

I am finally going to dive in and buy a 5 Ton and looking for advice. This one looks exceptionally nice for the price. Any advice on what to look for or if this one specifically looks good would be appreciated. While I have rebuilt smaller machines, I have never ventured in to something this large. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck looks pretty good. He has repainted it himself.

The price at the opening bid isn't out of line for a known good truck.

His emphasis that the mileage is 21,000 certified miles is full of crap. He has no idea what the real mileage is as the military changes odometers like most people change underwear. That bit of misdirection leads me to wonder what other details are being shaded...

Also, be aware that all of ebay ' s purchase protections and guarantees DO NOT apply to MVs. Even though their policy clearly states a title is required to sell any vehicles on ebay, they don't enforce this with the MVs. (Ask me how I know - a very expensive lesson for me).

Personally, I'd rather roll the dice on a gov auction than roll the dice on an ebay auction. But I'm a product of my experiences - I've had nothing but good experience with Gov auctions and one very very bad experience buying an M936 wrecker on ebay.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All 3 of my trucks came from private owners 2 off Craig list 1 from SS.
I have been very satisfied with them.
I bought a mep 004A from GL and also was satisfied.
Now to try my luck with GP

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks