• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aerosol Spray Paint to match 3 color Camo

houdel

Anyone know of any prepackaged aerosol spray paints to match the 3 color camo paint scheme? My Deuce came from the DRMO with a very decent 3 color camo paint job on it (flat black, medium brown and medium green) but I'm having problems finding matching paints to touch up a few spots.

The flat black is no problem, Krylon #4290 works fine. Krylon #8143 Olive Drab and #4293 Olive are both too dark and too brown to match the medium green. Rustoleum #1920 Army Green is a close match but still a little on the light side. If I use it on a just a portion of an existing green area the difference in color is noticeable, but if I paint the whole green area with the Rustoleum Green then it blends with the other original green areas pretty well.

My biggest problem is finding a decent match for the medium brown. Krylon #8142 is WAY too dark, and Krylon #8141 Kahki is WAY too light. I haven't been able to find Krylon #8147 Medium Brown yet, maybe it work for me.

Here's a picture of my truck's colors, anyone else found any other prepackaged aerosol spray paints to match this paint scheme?

Attachments

Jones

Matching is always tough even with the same colors because of weathering and batch numbers being different. Aervoe also has a line of camo colors in spray cans. Not saying theirs is an exact match, just another source you can check out. Once you find the right shade, most bigger paint stores should be able to load the paint into spray cans for you. Price this "service" first, sometimes it's pretty pricey.

Low-Tech-Redneck

Armada said:
Wow LTR, that looks great!. Where did you get the canvas from?
Home-made from a large sheet of OD canvas we got from some company in California, cut it down, folded over and stitched the seams, put the eyelets in it with a punch. Same with the trailer.

Elwenil

Houdel, if the color and lighting in that pic is accurate on my monitor, it looks like your brown is very faded. the typical trucks I see here locally are much darker shades, more like Westech's pic.

red devils dude

Elwenil said:
Houdel, if the color and lighting in that pic is accurate on my monitor, it looks like your brown is very faded. the typical trucks I see here locally are much darker shades, more like Westech's pic.
BUT westech's truck has Gillespie paint(the green is Gillespie 383 green)
and it is now a conformed fact that Gillespie's 34094 CARC Substitute is to
dark ask Jones and ken there useing real CARC to paint there trucks and
the CARC is a fair bit lighter allmost "lime" like I'll get the comparison pic's
up ASAP.

Elwenil

Maybe it's just my monitor, but Westech's truck looks darn close to the Guard trucks roaming around here. I should have clarified that I was speaking more of the brown color more than anything since that was what started the topic. I should mention that I mixed automotive paint for a few years and it's not uncommon for one color to be as different as LTR's and Westech's trucks and still be from the same formula. differences in the paint batch, painting equipment, technique and atmospheric conditions when sprayed can make huge differences in color and hue.

jasonjc

I just got some a the gillesp carc green and brown in spray cans and tried a few spot on my M109 Shop van and it looks verey close to the same.

jasonjc

I just got some a the gillesp carc green and brown in spray cans and tried a few spot on my M109 Shop van and it looks verey close to the same.

poppop

Chemical agent resistant color. I just got some to repaint my M813. Its a two part paint and reduces with distilled water.