• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket gauge cluster for the squarebody vehicles??

ballencd

I like the way yours came out better. I had trouble getting mine to lean back so I could see them easily so I went with the full on dash mod! : (
Did you have trouble with the speed signal from the sender? I had to put in a "pull up" resistor to get it to work. Heres the picture of it. I soldiered it into the module under the dash....I think it was called the DRAC module?

Attachments

ballencd

I did find my oil pressure light issue....it was just the bulb. The engine is running much better with a new fuel filter and fresh diesel too. I'm working on title work, tag and tires and I should be able to drive it home. It has been hard driving 50 miles one way several times a week to get it running. The plan is to swap out the electrical to two - 12V alternators and wire it like a M1009 The diesel fired heater and the A/C still don't work and I am not sure it I need that much heat or cool. Although some heat and cool would be nice. Time will tell. Thanks for the info. I am sure I will be back.

chevymike

I like the way yours came out better. I had trouble getting mine to lean back so I could see them easily so I went with the full on dash mod! : (
Did you have trouble with the speed signal from the sender? I had to put in a "pull up" resistor to get it to work. Heres the picture of it. I soldiered it into the module under the dash....I think it was called the DRAC module?
I used nothing from the original wiring. Everything is from Speedhut. My Speedo is the GPS unit, so I didn't require a sender but I have used the standard sender from Speedhut, I am not even sure in your pic (the one showing the resistor), what that module is or why any of the Speedhut gauges would be using that.

ballencd

I think the module is called a DRAC module and is where the speed can be adjusted in the factory setup on tire changes and the like. It is a 1991 Suburban with a 5.7 gas engine, 700R4 transmission and NP241 transfer case. The module is right about where the starter relay is in the CUCV trucks above your right knee. The speedo in this vehicle is electronic vs the mechanical in the older vehicle. DRAC and VSSB modules are primarily applicable 1989-1995 TBI Gas and 1990-2002 Diesel applications. From what I remember the signal to the speed (from the NP241 to DRAC) had to be "held up" with this resistor. The resistor came with the speed kit and was a bit difficult to figure out but did fix my "no speed" when it was installed. I'm not sure where the paperwork is now but if I run across it I will look it over.

chevymike

I think the module is called a DRAC module and is where the speed can be adjusted in the factory setup on tire changes and the like. It is a 1991 Suburban with a 5.7 gas engine, 700R4 transmission and NP241 transfer case. The module is right about where the starter relay is in the CUCV trucks above your right knee. The speedo in this vehicle is electronic vs the mechanical in the older vehicle. DRAC and VSSB modules are primarily applicable 1989-1995 TBI Gas and 1990-2002 Diesel applications. From what I remember the signal to the speed (from the NP241 to DRAC) had to be "held up" with this resistor. The resistor came with the speed kit and was a bit difficult to figure out but did fix my "no speed" when it was installed. I'm not sure where the paperwork is now but if I run across it I will look it over.
Okay, I was under the idea this was a CUCV, so I knew they were all mechanical.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks