• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket radiator project for the M35A2 series

Gunfreak25

I'm almost done getting my 1965 Kaiser on the road. I had a spare radiator that came with the truck laying around. It looked great, but leaks terribly. So I disassembled the metal frame from the core. The plan is to take one of the following 3 tractor radiators and adapt it to the stock deuce radiator frame assembly. This will retain all stock functions such as mounting points, shroud, PTO clearance and hopefully keep the appearances similar to stock. While many have adapted mid 60's Chevy truck radiators from ebay to fit I feel there are higher quality options. These aluminum radiators are around $150 to $200 online and in my experience with Jeeps and CUCV's the aluminum chinese jobs just don't last very long. And a Deuce is not nice to anything mounted to it.

I'm always trying to engineer and improve things and find a better way. I have a regular job, kids, a little time and not a lot of cash. But I LOVE working on my truck and it's been an expensive and exhausting project. So I started a little fundraiser page to get this radiator idea finished. I'd like to document the project here so that others may follow suit, so that we can hopefully keep these truck's on the road longer, with less cost.

More details are in the link, moderators if this is not allowed I apologize. We have a Facebook group for M35A2 owners too, and it's been a terrific resource for meeting local deuce owners. This is not an attempt to get free parts but rather share the cost of finding a better alternative to $1300 NOS radiators and $150 chinese aluminum radiators.

Attachments

V8srfun

For 150 if it only lasts 5 years that really is not a bad deal in my opinion. But they are using them as a cost effective option if you don’t mind spending money there are many reputable radiator companies that will sell you a more expensive piece of aluminum

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks