• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AGM battery good for mule?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I have a Mule with electric start and 12v alternator. It has a lead acid 12V lawn tractor battery to start it, but found the following AGM battery, a Ritar RA12-33 that is much smaller and non leaking which I like. It starts the mule just fine. Any potential problems to watch for or is it ok? I know it is not a "automotive battery" but seems to work fine. Any ideas? ritary batt.jpg

Here is a link to the specs. http://www.ritarpower.com/upload/pdf/2013022710220703447475.pdf

Last edited:

AECS

AGM batteries are great, if it has the cranking capacity to start the mule, use it. Only drawback is they do not like to sit idle and will discharge if not used every day or so. If you dont, then keep it on a trickle charge.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They also don't likr charging voltages much over 14.5 if I remember correctly. As long as your system is regulating fine, you should be fine.