• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air assist regulator

kipman

The search gave me some help, but not enough. Finished the steering kit on my deuce, the regulator has air escaping out the bottom, it sems to do this until the pressure reaches 60, I know this regulator can be removed, has any one removed it and seen a difference?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed my power steering assist about 3 months ago with regulator and it works fine.

bloodhound

why is that reg fitted ?,installation instructions just say how to fit it! not a thing about setting it up I had assumed that it was part of the saftey valve system.I fitted the kit a couple of weeks ago wow best $800 i have ever spent.Ian.

Jake0147

I do not have air assist, I have a question though. I have seen this "regulator" referred to before, I am wondering... Is this actually a "regulator", or is it simply a valve to stop the air supply when the supply pressure drops below a preset amount, so a steering failure won't affect the brake operation? Just wondering. My accountant says that my truck steers just fine without the air assist...:cry:

Blood_of_Tyrants

There is a regulator AND a pressure valve to prevent the air assist from robbing all the air and losing your brakes. I left the regulator completely off and out a piece of brass pipe in it's place.