• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air compressor pulley tool

deuceman51

I was searching some past posts and saw there was mention of a special tool for removing the 2 piece air compressor pulley. I think someone here was making the tool also. Does anybody have a link to someone who is making the tool or where I can get an original military tool? Thanks.

saddamsnightmare

February 24th.,2008.

Dear Sir:

Keep an eye out on EBAY, as they turn up now and then under M35A2 or M35 enteries, and sometimes you can het them cheaper then I did. If you want, send me your mailing address and I can get you out a life size photostat, and probably make you up a cale drawing of it, as they aren't too complex in form to make, but are quite necessary to work on the air compressor of the M35. I think you'll be lucky enough that someone here will have a spare they can sell or send you though. Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Swiss S404.114 Mercedes Benz UNIMOG
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Deuce.
[thumbzup]

Jake0147

I'd be interrested in one of these also if anybody's watching this. I think I've got a good improv worked out that'll avoid any possibility of damage but I'd just as soon have the right one.

BEASTMASTER

if you get desperate .i used a wrench my buddie had for ,are you ready? taking off ford fan clutches.yep ford has a three wrench kit for removing fan clutches and the biggest one fits the front comp. pulley perfect.just loosen you're two lock bolts,and hold the back one with a big adj. and turn away i believe it's 3 in wide .after that i made up a steel plate i can use with a ratchet now. before attacking it use plenty of pb blaster or equiv.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While your waiting to find the tool, go hose down the whole pulley and the 2 bolts on it with PB Blaster, WD-40, or something...

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
deuceman51 said:
I was searching some past posts and saw there was mention of a special tool for removing the 2 piece air compressor pulley. I think someone here was making the tool also. Does anybody have a link to someone who is making the tool or where I can get an original military tool? Thanks.
Removing?, or adjusting??

rdixiemiller

RE: Re: air compressor pulley tool

It removes or adjusts the outer half of the pulley. The belt is tensioned by adjusting the outer half of the pulley in or out to increase or decrease the effective diameter.
I still have 6 left to sell.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Re: air compressor pulley tool

BFR said:
I have one of the rdixiemiller ones... [thumbzup]
:ditto: [thumbzup]

saddamsnightmare

RE: Re: RE: Re: air compressor pulley tool

February 27th., 2008.

Deuceman 51:

The Drawings requested were sent out in this AM's mail.

Regards,
Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Swiss Mercedes Benz S404.114 Unimog
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddams Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Deuce.
[thumbzup]

rdixiemiller

If anyone wants it, I will e-mail them the .dxf file of the wrench. This will allow you to plug into a laser or plasma cutters nesting software and burn some out. I can also make a .pdf file that you can print out on any computer that has Adobe Reader (free software) if you wanted to bandsaw one out of 3/16" flat stock. It will be Monday before I am back at work (it is on my work computer) and can send it out. Shoot, I may just post it in the tech manual section!

Michael

Can't you just add a pdf file to a post as if it were a picture? Actually it says "add an attachment" , most of us just use it to add pictures.

rdixiemiller

Don't know, never tried it. The .dxf would not be of much use unless you have AutoCAD or an AutoCAD viewer on your PC. I'll give it a shot on Monday.