• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Filter?

M1008driver

PHP:
Air Cleaner/Filter
Any standard filter designated for use in a K5/K30 should work.  FRAM# CA3492 (or PRA3492); NAPA# FIL2096 (or 6096); K&N# E-1690  (expensive, but worth it!)
I bought the K&N Air Filter. The old filter has some kind of dirt filter around it. Do I reuses this with my new filer?

Last edited:

True Knight

I just got the K&N filter today. I cleaned the foam pre-cleaner and put back in around the K&N filter. It traps a lot of the bigger dust and junk before it gets to the actual air filter.

M1008driver

We were going to do the doghead starter relay mod and license plate light but it is so cold the truck would not start. The batteries are being charged. We will try again tomorrow. I got the CDR valve in the mail today too.

Then it will be time to study glow plugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks