• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air gauge in my M34

reom34

Hi boys.

i dont know how connect the air pressure gauge in my M34.The gauge have two electric connectorbut I dont know if I need a sender and I dont know the correct place it too.
Pics will be wellcome.

Thanks and regrads from Spain.

Barrman

The early (1952 and older) Gassers had electric air psi gauges. There was also another breaker on the back of the gauge panel itself. Having said that, you have the wrong gauge in your hand.

Yours should have the metal Douglas fittings on it and not the rubber Packard fittings. Both of my Gassers, 1952 and 1953, were missing the gauge panels when I got them. The 1952 truck however had a sender on it for the electric gauge. I unscrewed it and put in a regular air hose to run the gauge like the rest of the trucks have.

My sender was rusted up and not repairable. It looked exactly like the sender for the air buzzer. In fact, the air buzzer sender was on the top of the air manifold under the dash and the air gauge sender was on the bottom with the wiper air coming off the front and the air to each sides air access fittings over by the vent doors on the sides at the 9 and 3 o'clock position.

Barrman

Almost forgot another important thing. The old gauges were AC while the newer ones were Stewart Warner. Below is a picture of my gauge panel with the AC gauges that came with my replacement cab. I think it is a 1953 or 1954 Studebaker cab if that makes a difference to you. The air psi is mechanical and in the middle of the bottom row.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks