• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Horns in a CUCV!!

gt1009

Just got done putting the air horns in the M1009. They were just the kit i got from autozone for $35. They were very easy to install, just the switch was a little finicky. They are louder than the stock horns on my friends Jimmy, I don't have a stock horn to compare to in my truck. Will post pics tomorrow or maybe later today.

CCATLETT1984

I also have a air horn setup on my cucv. the stock horn sucks, it hardly sounds like it belongs on a truck. I mounted my horns on the inside of the drivers fender, just curious to see where you have yours mounted.

AJMBLAZER

I've been contemplating finding a horn off of a 88-98 GM fullsize truck. To me that's the way a truck's horn should sound. I love the older GM's but their horns just aren't quite right...

CCATLETT1984

I hooked my air horn up to the regular horn circuit, so my horn button on the steering wheel still triggers the horn. I hope your careful with the GP's on a regular switch like that, i use a push button switch so there is no way the gp's can be left on by accident.