• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak in 4wheel/differential lock switch

coffeehouseforge

Hello all,

So the new SEE has been busy working on the homestead. Pulling tree roots/stumps, digging ditches, etc. Today the switch for the 4 wheel / differential started leaking air.
I did a search here but was not able to find anything on this part. So, before I dig into this thing, does anyone have practical experience with this switch? Why it started leaking, is it repairable (clean, new seals or O-rings), ext...
Any help would be appreciated. I received manuals with the FLU419, and I am going through the 8 big maintenance binders now.
Thanks in advance for any insight and advice.

Speedwoble

coffeehouseforge

Hello all,

So the new SEE has been busy working on the homestead. Pulling tree roots/stumps, digging ditches, etc. Today the switch for the 4 wheel / differential started leaking air.
I did a search here but was not able to find anything on this part. So, before I dig into this thing, does anyone have practical experience with this switch? Why it started leaking, is it repairable (clean, new seals or O-rings), ext...
Any help would be appreciated. I received manuals with the FLU419, and I am going through the 8 big maintenance binders now.
Thanks in advance for any insight and advice.
So here is the issue. When I move the switch from 2 wheel to 4 wheel or Diff lock, it is leaking air in the switch? Anyone else have this problem? I guess I am pulling the switch out and taking a look. Any advice on pulling the center panel out?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember correctly, I had one that misbehaved. Sprayed some lube down there and it has worked since.
That's not consistent with my luck, by the way.