• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air line caps for trailer brake

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have removed the trailer hand brake from my steering column on my M818. My problem now is capping the the open air fittings under the dash. I have found sites selling the all the brass air brake fittings, but I cannot locate any caps in the right thread size (works out to be 1/2-24).

Any body have any ideas on where to find this part or how to properly cap off the fittings.

Thanks in advance.

jwaller

I have removed the trailer hand brake from my steering column on my M818. My problem now is capping the the open air fittings under the dash. I have found sites selling the all the brass air brake fittings, but I cannot locate any caps in the right thread size (works out to be 1/2-24).

Any body have any ideas on where to find this part or how to properly cap off the fittings.

Thanks in advance.
go further than just under the dash and remove all of it. I don't know if there are any airbrake cap fittings. they are different from std fittings of the same size.

Monty

Take the handle to your local Napa, they have fitting identification kits that they'll allow you to use to figure out what it is. Then they can sell you the fittings.[thumbzup]