• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air lines problems on M915A2

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it all right for big boys to cry?
Just got the tractor hooked to the trailer for the first test and no service brakes or hand brake. I think when they redid the truck they crossed some lines. I looked through the TM's and they showed parts but not the lines and where they go. Does anyone have and be willing to take a pic of the firewall lines and maybe I will get lucky and find the crossed lines. Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea the hand brake puts out air on the treadle valve and I get nothing out of service trailer line or rear glad hand service line. It does not matter if the trailer brake is in the release position or not. The trailer parking brake line is releasing the trailer parking brake as it should. I still think when they did all new air lines they got something off. I found something in the TM's that showed some air lines but they are correct.

I corrected this post to read from emergency glad hand to treadle valve.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are saying when you pull the trolley lever in the cab, air comes out the front emergency gladhand? If so you are right, something is not plumbed right. Another fine RRAD rebuild, "we put the soldier first (sometimes)".

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok TM 9-2320-363-20-2 has what I need but it is going to be a pain. Took the rear tractor protection valve apart and cleaned/oiled. I will do the front valve when it stops raining,

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped crying long enough to try again for the third day of chasing down air lines. I can't believe I found it. I switched these to lines and I now have service air to trailer. This valve controls the trailer service air and it has a free sliding gravity piston that shuts off the air. I took it off to inspect it and that is when I saw the piston and how it works. Before I switched the lines the piston was shutting off the rear service line and just by switching them she is back working. The two pics show right way with my fingers in pic and the wrong way.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are saying when you pull the trolley lever in the cab, air comes out the front emergency gladhand? If so you are right, something is not plumbed right. Another fine RRAD rebuild, "we put the soldier first (sometimes)".
Sorry I had to correct my post#3 now it reads air from treadle and not emergency glad hand.
I am so glad they only mixed up two lines. Wonder if I could get a job fixing up what they mess up at Red River.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I would guess the last owners in Oregon never hooked a trailer to it. Good to hear that the repair was easy & cheap. October & the Markets of Marion will be here soon enough; not to forget the Georgia Rally!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess the last owners in Oregon never hooked a trailer to it. Good to hear that the repair was easy & cheap. October & the Markets of Marion will be here soon enough; not to forget the Georgia Rally!
Easy no and almost loosing one mind not good. The TM's that showed the air line were no help. Just stopped crying and retraced the line from the trailer service to the additional valve on the treadle valve. As said after inspection of it something just did not seem right the way it is set up.