• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air locking rockwell axle

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
ok, i have 3 original military rockwell air lockers in my truck and am seriously thinking of bobbing it. so i will have an extra axle that is way to valuable to just scrap. question is what is it worth? would some one else bobbing their truck want to buy it? just wondering.

tom

wehring

sure

I have some 5 ton factory air lockers. Never seen a factory 2.5 ton air locker. I am interested. Please post some pics and a price.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

ODdave

dont know of a value, but i shure would be interested in the center chunk, or whole axle. I have to buy a locker either way whether its from somone on here or overson.

wehring

5 ton...

My 5 ton axles with lockers have proprietary housings. Don't know about this one. Curious to find out.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to be clear, Tom has an axle that uses a sliding collar to lack the axleshaft to the differentail carrier. It is not like an ARB air locking diff, and you can not swap the center chunk in another axle.

(I think...LOL)

I would love to put air lockers in my trucks. Lack of money. :(

jesusgatos

I think that axle would have been a lot more valuable before ARB lockers became available. I would be interested, but that's what I would be comparing it to price/value-wise. But the fact that I couldn't get any more matching lockers/axles (or parts?) would make me reluctant to go that route. Jealous as **** that you're sitting on a pile of three of 'em though.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
parts are available though i doubt you would ever break it. the general thought seems to be that it is worth $1000 so if someone wants it let me know. white owl probably still has some as well.

tom

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was it's original application? What trucks used them?

tm america

those trucks are rare with lots of goodies.i would hate to see one cut up for a bobber when you could just put some arbs in a m35 and bob it.. cutting up that nice bed with factory rops would be a crime.why not sell it and cut up a m35...

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
because if you look at previous post you will see it is a clone. and because probably no one would pay what i think it is worth.

tom

tm america

I must have missed that .. I would keep it for a spare . Arbs go for 1000 and shipping is gonna be cheaper that shipping a whole rear axle . ..You can store it at my place if you dont find anyone that wants it:grin: