• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air O Matic install?

Parker2

Hey, guys. I installed my Air O Matic kit this weekend. I got it all installed finally. I had some 41 year old parts that did not want to come apart. :) Anyway when installing the caps on the drag link I had a problem tightening up the end cap. This is the end closest to the axle. It was impossible to get it all the way in. Yes I used the proper tool. There was a spacer behind the spring that would not allow the cap to go in all the way. I removed the spacer and all is well. Everything seems tight and fitting well.

Did anyone else run into this?

coyotegray

Yes, The rubber spacers are for packing and must be removed from both ends of the new drag link.. It just so happened they were the same as the rubber parts used to mount the power cylinder to the bracket. I had problems getting that to fit and had to play around with trimming the rubber a bit and I ended up using the extra rubber parts for it.

Andy..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks