• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AIR-O-Matic Kit Installation Help

coyotegray

I’m in the middle of installing my kit and have run into 2 problems.

1. The bushing that is supposed to be installed on the shock absorber is too small to fit on my shock.

2. When installing the power cylinder, how do you get the rubber bearing shields to fit into the axel bracket with the cylinder? There does not seem to be enough room for all 3. I’m sure there is a trick..

Any advice, suggestions, tips or tricks are very welcome.

Thanks,
Andy.

Last edited:

cornrichard

My shock fit fine, if your bolt on end of the shock is to big you may not need the bushing. I also fought the rubber bushing for power cylinder. I ended up trimming about 3/16 off both bushings with a new pair of tin snips. I sure someone will tell me that was wrong. I also noticed that the rubber spacer in the new drag link appear to be the same part as the power cylinder bushing. I kept mine in case I needed to try again for full size bushings. The cut down ones were still a tight fit and the metal bushings fit correctly. Good luck!

coyotegray

Thanks... I ended up trimming a little off the rubber bearing shields and using a floor jack to lift the cylinder to compress the one on top so I could slip the bottom one in.

The alcohol on the hose fitting helped too..

The shock still needs a bushing. I will probably see if I can drill it out just a little so it will fit...

Thanks,
Andy.

DanMartin

Good luck drilling rubber. Put it in the freezer first..that helps.

I usually just get a bolt that is the right size, get it really hot and melt the hole out using the hot bolt. Smelly, but works a treat. Have a bucket handy in case it goes fuego grande.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks