• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-O-Matic steering question...

Gypsyman

I have what appears to be a new take-off Air-O-Matic kit sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed. Still undecided if I want to add it to the truck or let it go. Something that I saw in an old thread keeps nagging at me. Someone mentioned that when going through long curves you had to bump steer through the sweepers on the highway. Something about how the system overcompensates when mild steering input is applied requiring you some "bump steer" (for lack of a better term) through highway curves. Unfortunately I can't seem to find that post again to ask the member about it.

Can someone confirm this or does the steering feel stay fairly original? The steering box on my truck has zero play and a very positive, controlled feel at speed. I would hate to give that up just to make steering easier at low speeds.

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping the solid feel of the manual steering and letting the Air-O-Matic go in leu of manual hubs. A set of original looking Selectro hubs would be nice but no luck locating a set so far.

Richard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks