• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Pack Leaking Air with a Desparate Plea for Help! Pics Inside.

hammer1995

My deuce is leaking air from th copper tubing located under the hood. I ordered a rebuild kit #2530-00-040-2190 / 8345007. Well, as luck would have it only a few of the parts in that kit would fit my airpack. I changed out the parts that would fit and the air leak is still there. I have searched all over and cannot find a different type of kit. Here are my questions:

1. Is is the air pack, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

2. If its not the air pack, what else do I need to consider?

3. If it is the air pack, what is the correct part number and where can I locate one?

I appreciate your help cause I have done lots of searching and I can't find the answers.

Best regards,
Mike

Attachments

dabtl

You have the short air pack. The long air pack rebuild kit does not work.

Check the TM for the proper hook up on the air packs. I think it should be on the MC rather than the location you show.

kbush

I just dealt with this same issue. It's your air pack. I replaced mine. I had the long one, replaced it with the newer shorter style.

Tackettr

Hammer,
I would take a hard look at how it is plumbed. In your 1st picture it shows and you describe the vent tube running under the hood. It looks like it is plumbed into your brake light switch. If this is the case then any time you apply your brakes you will be dumping air through your vent line. This is not correct. Again, look at the plumbing before tearing into your airpack again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks