• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air pack - trailer service brake line

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In upgrading to the air pressure operated brake light switch I also reminded myself that I need to fix the cut off service line for the trailer connection. The air pack has a plastic (!) pipe plug in it right now.

I ran into difficulty trying to find the right fitting(s). The air brake copper line that runs up parallel to the air pack is cut a tad too short to allow me to just use some stock 90 degree elbow. I need to bridge the gap between the air line and the fitting.

I can't seem to find the right threads to thread into the air pack (they should be pipe thread, right?) and I can't find the right ferrule/compression setup to grab that large diameter air brake line (3/8 I think).

Does anybody have a suggestion for solutions, a description or pics of what the fittings should look like?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks