• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air plus dryer

Intel

today I took apart the air plus dryer with the desiccant that’s suppose to be inside. Instead I found two cylinders that look like steel wool. The kit to clean it comes with the bead desiccant. Has anyone else come across? Should I put the steel wool stuff back in after cleaning it or put the kits beads in your? Thanks

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I didn’t have beads in my kit, that is actually your “aftercooler” and your true drier is located after it.

It’s main purpose is to try to cool the air and condense moisture out of it before it reaches the actual drier so you get cleaner, drier air and longer life span from the actual drier cartridges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel

I didn’t have beads in my kit, that is actually your “aftercooler” and your true drier is located after it.

It’s main purpose is to try to cool the air and condense moisture out of it before it reaches the actual drier so you get cleaner, drier air and longer life span from the actual drier cartridges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the quick response and info. So basically I should clean the filter material and then reassemble.

MAdams

Graham, Eli is correct, that's the air cooler and the dryer is the one with the oil filter looking part on it. They made a rebuild kit for the cooler and it comes with new steel wool. They also make a desiccant bag for the cooler, but thats only used if you don't have a dryer. Look up this number on Ebay 3529451 it's $9.90 plus shipping. It comes with a new filter and the little washer that seals the purge valve. Those little washers wear out

Intel

Graham, Eli is correct, that's the air cooler and the dryer is the one with the oil filter looking part on it. They made a rebuild kit for the cooler and it comes with new steel wool. They also make a desiccant bag for the cooler, but thats only used if you don't have a dryer. Look up this number on Ebay 3529451 it's $9.90 plus shipping. It comes with a new filter and the little washer that seals the purge valve. Those little washers wear out
Awesome thank you. Yea I guess I bought the kit for if u use it as a dryer. They did a terrible job with mounting placement of it because I’m servicing it on the truck and everything is in the way on both top and bottom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks