• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air regulater clicking

moparnut

I'm new to this type of truck, mostly worked on cars for 30years some forklift stuff. But my concern is that the air regulater or buzz box makes a solid click witch turns the air compessor on and off it does this this after it reaches corect pressure. It's on for 5 secounds then off for 5 secounds, this just continues and doesn't stop as long as the truck is running. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Fred

x-ray

FYI - I'm not sure if you meant to post int his forum as its meant for paint and body work and this is more of a mechanical issue.

If your talking about a deuce, you may need to replace the air governor. I had similar issue with my deuce. New air governor fixed it. Its really cheap and easy fix.

OD Iron have these cheap.

http://www.odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_47&products_id=438

The governor is on the firewall against the cab near top center - can't miss it. and its relatively easy to get at.

Use the current air line and plumbing to use as a guide to which holes to use on your new one and plug the unneeded holes with threaded plugs provided with the new governor. It doesn't take long, and you just need a wrench and time under the hood.

Some say you can lube up the old governor with marvel mystery or air tool oil, but for $15, to me, its just as easy to replace and be sure of it.

good luck.