• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Shift conversion?? Possible??

vinny-socom1

I'll start this out as don't ask why I want to :roll: but can it be done? I just like how my duce was able to engage the front axle by flipping a switch :lol: . I'm wondering if you can bypass the transmission air acuator and install an air shift switch, in other wards be able to shift the front axle in & out when you want not only in 1st & reverse. any help??

XM818

Thanks Vinny

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
in the 5ts, the front wheel drive will come in in any gear if the rears slip, the trans air switches just put it in forward or reverse sprage, you do have the option of shutting off the air which will put the sprag in neutral, then no front wheel drive. think of the 5t front wheel drive as a automatic front wheel drive that works when the truck calls for it, stora like a posi rear in your pu.

the air shift duece basicly have a air shifted in and out clutch, the 5t always has a constent running over run clutch
so to answer your question, NO

vinny-socom1

OK well I think that answers it? I just can't figure out why you would want to wait for the front axle to engage after your already slipping?? does that make any sense??

desertfox- I was asking about air shift conversion in a 5 ton truck

Thanks Vinny

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if the sprag is working right, you wont even notice the rear slip, it will come so quick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks