• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air tank dranks automaticly after shut off?

jh1990

i kno your supposed to drank the air tanks after use, but on our deuce if we let it sit for about a day without use, the buzzer (low air) will come on when you hit the accessory switch. i'm wondering if thats normal or if we have a leak? thanks for the help.
Jason

ojsdna744

Two answers to that.......

a) you have a minor leak somewhere....and....

b) that's pretty normal!

Seriously, most of the dueces still out there will bleed down enough if left for a few days to set off the buzzer on start-up,

It's usually a combo of multiple small leaks.....not a big deal......

glad hands are a usual culprit.......they both turned off if not in use?

Towman2277

Hey All, Mine will leak down within about two-hours of sitting, and it is my gladhands. It's not one, its all multiple leaks here & there, and the compressor pumps right up upon startup, so I'm not worried one bit, Keep Trucking!! I don't think i've ever found a system without a small leak somewhere..... Steve

rizzo

Towman2277 said:
It's not one, its all multiple leaks here & there, and the compressor pumps right up upon startup, so I'm not worried one bit, Keep Trucking!! I don't think i've ever found a system without a small leak somewhere..... Steve
ditto

jh1990

i think it's so that if there is any water in the tanks it wouldn't sit in there and rust your tanks, i think don't hold to that, i'm not sure that why, it's just my qeuss. thanks all for the help.
Jason

jasonjc

YES it's to let the water, oil and any other junk out of the tanks.
You not have to stand there until every bit of air is out just long enought to let the water out. If the waters sets in tha tank long enought it will rust to the point that the tanks will blowup/out.