• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Vent From Flu419 Power Steering Reservoir

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know for certain where the vent line from the top of the power steering reservoir on a FLU419 is supposed to connect? As you can see from the photos, the vent line from the top of the PS reservoir (red arrow) goes up and across the front of the engine and down the other side. At the top of it's travel, the fabric covered tubing connects to a short piece of steel tubing which is connected to what looks like nylon tubing which then dips down the other side and just hangs there. You can also see where the vent line from the timing cover near the hour meter (yellow arrow) is connected and this vent line also just hangs there and is not connected to anything. This vent line is larger ID than the one from the PS reservoir. Are these supposed to be hooked together? I can't see anything in the TMs showing where these are supposed to be connected.
InkedTop of Reservoir 2_LI.jpgInkedTop of Engine_LI.jpgInkedIMG_1250_LI.jpg

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a photo on the internet that shows the vent line coming from the power steering reservoir connecting to the vent line on the timing cover. I'm not sure why they connected these two, but it is obvious that they did.
maxresdefault.jpg

Speedwoble

I checked mine today. Indeed what I think is the vent from PS runs into the cap of the timing cover. I found my hose on the PS was actually rotted and disconnected. I traced the line in red and circled the connector on the PS reservoir that I assume it connected to. 99AD0B9B-3C59-4F77-976E-DCFC955E8DA2.jpeg
6640B559-8799-4AB9-943C-55C66B1ADB5F.jpeg
I left my hood off as a reminder to fix it. Also I noticed my hour meter says just 81hours

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is exactly the way mine is hooked up now. Why they tied the two together is anyone's guess. I was lucky - my lines were in very good condition.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I left my hood off as a reminder to fix it. Also I noticed my hour meter says just 8hours
Are you sure it is just 8 hours? The last digit, normally red, is not tenths as I assumed, but full hours. For instance, when I got mine it read 819, with the 81 in white and the 9 in red for a total of 819 hours. I have no idea why they did that, but it easily misleads people. You likely already knew that, but I didn't. My engine has a label indicating a complete rebuild in 2005.

Speedwoble

Are you sure it is just 8 hours? The last digit, normally red, is not tenths as I assumed, but full hours. For instance, when I got mine it read 819, with the 81 in white and the 9 in red for a total of 819 hours. I have no idea why they did that, but it easily misleads people. You likely already knew that, but I didn't. My engine has a label indicating a complete rebuild in 2005.
You are right. I did know that, but had brain flatulence.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks