• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airpack Rebuild Complications

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I started having some brake issues and decided to rebuild the airpack, then I ran into a couple issues.
First off it looked really good inside the cylinder and the piston's components were all in great shape . . . then in the clean up I used brake cleaner. At that point the felt came unglued and fell out. So then I rigged up a way to clamp the piston in my vice (which does NOT have solf teeth) and removed the locking nut. Attempting to remove the follower was unsuccessful and the whole piston eventually came off the rod but still won't come apart.

Having already created difficulties for myself I figured I should just stop and ask advice. I have been going off the TM, Rusty Stud's posted article in the TM section, Jeep Sinker's YouTube channel, and various threads.
So . . . how do I get the piston apart w/o damage to replace the o-ring or should I just leave it together? And what are we using to glue new felt together w/?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After carrying on w/ other parts of the rebuild I noticed that the compensator piston felt was also not glued together at the ends. Is that common and exceptable?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks