• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airr pressure/ air tank question

Sephirothq

This a probably a pretty dumb question. Is there an air pressure release on the front of the air tanks? I think mine is not working correctly I have an issue with my brakes locking when there is too much air pressure. I don't know how much but the air pressure gauge is buried over 120 PSI. So I am thinking the air release is sticking or bad. Any help?

renovate7

There is a pressure relief valve on the front of the tank closest to the frame rail, at least on my Deuce. I removed the drain cock from the other tank and screwed in a dial type gauge (got it at Lowes, $8 ). My valve was opening at 140 psi and closing at 120. Too high. Should open at 120. There is also a relief valve on the pressure regulator on the engine side of the firewall. I temporarily backed that to 85. My new regulator arrived Friday and will be installed this week. I don't think to much air pressure would make your brakes lock up. From recent threads here and past experience I'd look and make sure your brake pedal has enough play to let the pushrod on the master cylinder fully extend after pushing it in. This releases the pressure in the system.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That shouldn't make the brakes lock. I think you might have another issue.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The brakes will lock up if the Airpac isn't vented properly. Probable cause could be blocked vent tubing or valves within the unit not functioning normally. An Airpac rebuild may be in order.
Remember to give it some lube once a year or so, lightweight oil like air tool lube of hydraulic fluid (about the same thing)....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks