• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airtex E8135 fuel pump setup

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The fuel pump died on my deuce. I didn't notice it until I went to change the fuel filters yesterday and found it not priming. The Airtex E8135 runs at 24v and puts out 5-9psi at 35gph. I snooped around and it was the first 24v fuel pump I could find next day (today) and only was $52. I did find that doghead had issues with his truck and the flow above 2000rpms. So I made a bypass setup for mine. The test drive worked fine and seems to have just as much power as it did before. I did notice the truck balanced out it's idle much faster. My truck typically lopes at slow idle until it's warm. (unless I idle it up) Anyhow, I can see why flow might be an issue at top end on these pumps. They only have 1/4" NPT fittings. The fuel lines are 1/2" so you're cutting down a LOT if you ran this pump alone. The setup has a small spring loaded valve that allows the engine to suck fuel from behind the fuel pump. But the valve closes if the lift pump is running, allowing the fuel to be pushed into the filters. It's not pretty but it's working great. I clipped the power lead to the in-tank pump and fused it going to the new pump. If time allows, I'm going to test running it without the lift pump running tomorrow. Then it could be setup to only prime the fuel filters. The bypass setup is 1/2" in hose and pipe.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
When I did my pump (inline) I did not have any problems past and up to 2900 RPM for 1000 miles non stop (2007 East cost convoy only stopping for fuel and not shutting down the truck)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I resolved the issue I was having. It was not the fuel pump. You should be fine with just the pump in line.

My problem was with my FDC, it was not operating properly. I bypassed it, Now the truck is running 100% with the airtex pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks