• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alaska M939 Title Issues

71DeuceAK

Well, today was confuse the DMV clerks day!

Long story short, apparently as the M939s didn't necessarily meet all the requirements post 1981, I need to have mine inspected. Problem is, it's located out of state. I went to DMV (a major state DMV in a major city, not a tag/title office) and long story short apparently I need to have it inspected. I can't inspect it though without it being in state. So I'm kind of at a catch-22. Can't title it without an inspection, but can't exactly drive it there to get it inspected. Anybody else encounter this? Apparently I need either the vehicle to have that certification sticker or to get an afadavit from AM General that it is indeed "roadworthy".

Anybody else have this experience?

(Admin/Mod, feel free to delete if this is in the wrong place or is not allowed or devolves into a political discussion).

DeadParrot

Don't assume the first place had the right answer. First place I went to in OK while tagging a deuce told me I needed to go to court to get a VIN assigned(no existing title/reg paperwork prior to purchase). Went to the Tax Commission and was handed a simple form to fill out and a couple much simpler steps to follow and now have my tag.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have to title it before it gets into state? In Indiana everything that comes in needs inspected, but is just a simple running the VIN to make sure it doesn’t come back stollen.

Last edited:

Ue413

In MO, you're allowed a trip to the inspection station without a title. Because it is a non-standard VIN, you're required to go to a state patrol office and have them inspect it. Sounds like a similar situation......

CMPPhil

Hi

Will the State give you a 10 or 20 day temporary plate to bring the truck into the state? Had this problem once here in NH to bring a military trailer into the state. They could not confirm the serial number so would not issue a plate, took a call to the director of DMV to get the counter people to issue a temporary plate.

Cheers Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks