• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alcohol evaporator

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good evening guys I have a question concerning the Alcohol Evaporator under the hood of my 1985 925, I want to eliminate it completely since I dont drive the truck in the winter and the rubber lines on it are showing a lot of age. If I just plug both lines coming into the evaporator bottle will this work to eliminate it from the air system? If I do this is it going to cause me any other problems? Thanks guys and any ideas as always are appreciated!
KK

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would replace the lines and use it. There is more humid air in the summer and that will have more water condense in your air system.

supermechanic

Of the 14 over-the-road trucks I run , none have alcohol evaps.
Fleet annual aggregate mileage is in the vicinity of 600,000.
My drivers grease and oil,check all fluids and such, it is essentially 'their' truck, draining air tanks is part of the process.
No problems here, summer or winter.

Bighurt

I know this is off topic but it's related.

I can't say anything about the alcohol evaporator but I've never found them to be a bad thing.

My comment here is in regards to batteries. I pulled mine out today to service and charge them in the garage. What a pain. I can't think of a worse place to put the batteries. I can't wait to get my relocation kit installed.

Karl if you do anything I would do something to help service batteries. Or hire someone with a good back.

:grd:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys for your ideas and thoughts on the alcohol evaporator, Gimp I took your route and ran all new air lines to replace the old/rotten ones and I now once again have a fully functional Evap. unit, Thanks again guys!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks