• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All I want is to talk to the person next to me!

STRIDER

All i Want to do is be able to talk to the person next to me. i have a M35A2 an it is soooo loud. does anyone know of an inexpensive way to communicate with the guy/girl next to me.

sign language works but limits the conversation not to mention the driving ability. etch and sketch works well. lol

L999here

...family channel radios...

Might just take a stroll over to Radio Shack and get a couple of inexpensive family channel headset radios. Yeah...you could spend a few more bucks on an expensive set....but I'd rather spend it on diesel fuel.....LOL.....

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOUD?? SORRY I COULD NOT HEAR YOU?? When I bought my first Deuce and drove it home it was the FIRST vehicle I have ever actually needed ear plugs and this includes airplanes to I thought it crazy! First off a muffler will make a bid difference and if you dotn want that then keep the passenger window closed. I put all new weather stripping on my entire cab, then Rhino lined the entire floor and up the back of the cab, then insulated the cab with 1 inch thick tractor cab insulation, I can now not have to wear ear plugs and can actually have a conversation with somebody while driving down the highway. If you do not want to do this stuff then do what l999 said and it will take care of all this!
KK

wsucougarx

I've got the VIC-1 in all 3 of my deuces. Looks great and sounds great. The system is pretty bulky with cables running here and there. However those are bonuses for me. I wanted a military look and feel to my truck. Funny thing is that is the first thing people are drawn to in my truck. Search for VIC-1 as stated above. This intercom system will allow you to incorporate a military radio like the RT-524 or RT-246 into the same system.

mudguppy

i used the dynomax bullet style muffler (muffler threads reveal part no., i don't remember). while it didn't bring it to a quiet level, it is much more tolerable and you no longer feel that you need earplugs. cruise volumes are reduced and WOT is not nearly as 'sharp' to the ear.

papakb

Nady makes a couple of inexpensive motorcycle intercoms that work pretty well. There are other MC intercom manufacturers aout there too.

I installed a Softcomm aircraft intercom in the HMMWV for the same reasons. Picked it up on eBay for under $100. About the same size as 2 packs of cigarettes.

Kurt