• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison 3070 leaking

brainsboy

2001 M1078 with an Allison 3070. I had a real bad leak inside the bellhousing pretty much pouring out. Lost a gallon of fluid on the way home. I called Allison and got a new input shaft seal. Replaced the front input shaft seal, reinstalled the trans and still leaking the same didnt make any difference. Pulled the trans a second time and pulled off the cast iron center that the input seal presses into and found someone put it back on without a seal on the outside of it, thought great I found my leak and verified the problem. I reassembled it all and now its not pouring out anymore but still have a slow leak a drip every 4 seconds. Nothing else to replace inside. I pulled lower cover cant see much but was able to verify the torque converter isnt leaking. Anyone seen the inside bell housing bolts leak? Running out of ideas and Im getting worn out. Leak now seems to leak more when its warmed up than cold.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Huh. Well I would say that since it slowed down significantly you probably at least have touched the source of the fluid. Is there any special tools for centering that front seal flange? Did the TC seal get replaced again when the plate was re-sealed? How is the TC seal surface? Perhaps you need to put a speedi-sleeve on it for a better surface for the seal to ride on?

I've never encountered one of these that was leaking. Have heard of it but it's always been a straightforward repair.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks