• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternating corner markers?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was reviewing the diagram of the parking/turn lamps, and it seems that the park lamps should be steady, even if the turn signal is on. However, on my m1009, my corner marking lamps alternate with the front turn signal when the parking lamps are on.

I haven't seen any abnormal splices, but my LED bulbs ARE finding a ground path through the high (turn) line, meaning my parking lamps won't work if the turn line is connected (even if it's not energized).... Even running a ground directly to the battery. Taking the connector out of the circuit and the wiring works properly (high/low/gnd).

Works fine on incandescent....

Short of running all new wires, just to run LED turn signals, anyone got some insight?

Am I correct in that the side marker isn't supposed to alternate? If it is, I have a feeling that things will be more difficult than I want...

richingalveston

To use LED's you need a different flasher, the regular flasher does not work because there is not enough amp draw from the bulbs through the flasher. I used all Led bulbs in my 1009 except for the ones under the headlights. Use normal amber bulbs in the these two locations and LED every where else and you do not have to change the flasher. I believe standard blink pattern is to alternate the front marker light with the side marker light in the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks