• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternative fuells in M1009?

455SD

Anyone tried running anything in their 1009s besides regular diesel?

I may have to figure out something or stop driving. This is getting crazy.

acetomatoco

RE: Alternative feuls in M1009?

Lotsa folks have conveted to American Fry oil...but costs outweigh benefits in my estimation. Heck, the M1009s get 25 mpg to begin with...ACE

AJMBLAZER

Check over on the alternative fuels forum here. The short answer is yes.

ace, I think you're doing your math wrong or don't drive much as some of the guys are making gallons of biodiesel for under a dollar each.

acetomatoco

Time at $40/hour... and mileage to go get the stuff and ingredients to purify it and containers and special handling.. etc... have fun.. ACE

AJMBLAZER

My own time is free. If you're charging yourself for your own labor nothing will ever be worthwhile.

Hell, rereading the 6.2L post there's a guy that makes his own biodiesel and then his wife turns the left over glycerin into soap and sells it!

AJMBLAZER

I knew a guy with a civy K5 with the 6.2L, TH700R4, 3.08 gears, and 29" stock tires that got 25mpg out of his regularly. Can't see a M1009 with no OD and 31" doing that.

iamspencer

dude straight veg oil

you can mix it in with you diesle after gettign free from a resurant and simply filterign it or get a kit from a couple of places that are making them to run just veg oil

plantdrive.com
greasecar.com

BKinzey

Ummm, I'd suggest reading up on it before dumping filtered veggie oil, mixed or not, in your tank.

Sure it works but you should know what to expect and what will work best for you before just jumping in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks