• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternatives to 1100 Michelins

dirtyfingernails

Is there a civilian tire that is comparable to the Michelin X-series that is more readily available? 1100 Michelins are hard to come by. I thought of simply replacing the ndts with a civilian tire, but I want an aggressive tread pattern.
Steve

Blythewoodjoe

Civilian tires are not cheap. There are plenty of kool tires out there but they will cost you. The Michelin XL's are hard to come by but they are cheap. Or course you could go with some 22.5" tires and rims and not worry about those spit rims again. Are you looking at putting them on a BOB deuce? That is only 4 tires compared to 10 on a regular set up. I have one 22.5 rim in six lug I need to put a tire on and see how it works on a deuce.

I really looked into putting some floatation tires on my truck but just couldn't find any combo of rims with 6 lugs to work. Then I discovered the XL 14.5 by 20 and it was love at first sight :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks