• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Conversion

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Besides Wolverine (hey took my money, won't answer their phone, or reply to emails) who else sells a 24 volt alternator conversion kit for my A2 Deuce?

Thanks in advance fr your help.

DHennon

fleetmech

You're by no means the first person to get screwed by Wolverine. That seems to happen pretty frequently.

Im not sure about a kit, but my truck has a standard internally regulated 24 volt Delco installed with a couple simple homemade brackets. While I bought the truck this way, Ive done the conversion on other machines I have and its really quite simple. It basically amounts to a bent piece of flat stock with some holes drilled and tabs attached. A vice, a big hammer, a drill, and maybe a welder and/ or torch is all thats required to whip up a bracket or two. The last two can be picked up cheap at Harbor Freight if ya need, and may not even be strictly necessary depending on what you come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks