• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator shaft size

tm america

the stock 60 amp alt has a 3/4 inch shaft. the delco and the neioff dual voltage 100 amp both have a 7/8inch shaft size probanly fit a three row but will have to modify the shroud to fit a four row and still might not fit

avengeusa

my stock leece neville alternator has a shaft size of 5/8, just measured it, and the delco units that i have, like the one installed on my truck are 7/8 diameter

I think you will have to, as previously stated modify the fan shroud to get a 4 groove pulley

So are you going to a 4 groove pulley to add a place for a second set of belts, I am also working on this as we speak, it will make possible the addition of a second alternator, 12 volts for adding tons of 12 volt accessories to the truck, i get those alternators cheap also :-D

lemme know how it goes

Racky

Thanks guys I am adding a one wire 100 amp 12v alternator on the truck and am tring to make this as painless as possible. I am going to the gen shop tomorrow and ask for a 3 pulley. I will let you guys know how I make out.

Thanks
Racky

avengeusa

Thanks guys I am adding a one wire 100 amp 12v alternator on the truck and am tring to make this as painless as possible. I am going to the gen shop tomorrow and ask for a 3 pulley. I will let you guys know how I make out.

Thanks
Racky
I can look for a 3 groove unit......

Last edited:

avengeusa

Ok, I have 2 available, 3 groove, they have a 7/8 bore, specs as follows

3-Groove, 13mm Belts x 73mm OD x 22.23mm (7/8 in.) Bore $19.00, plus shipping

3-Groove, 13mm Belts x 89mm OD x 22.23mm (7/8 in.) Bore $19.00, plus shipping

they may need to be machined, or have a spacer added to get them inline with what you already have........

this is an addition i am working on

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks