• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum Beadlock Wheels-

spicergear

So lookie at these wheels I found- 5 ton bolt pattern...crap forgot the size of the center hole. Designed for CTIS. Trying to locate outer rings or back up plan have several A-CAD designs already done. Weight 50#. Hutchinson told me they're prototype wheels for the military and were a bit surprised I had them- :) I do not intend on running them CTIS. Oh, and I located the aluminum and rubber beadlock inserts for them too-

Attachments

spicergear

The one in the Ebay listing isn't set up for the in wheel CTIS like mine. if you look at the pics you'll see mine has an orange O-ring on the rear side and one of the lug holes is much larger. It does all it's CTIS plumbing inside with no external air lines. Let me see if I can find a pic of one-

Hutchinson Worldwide - World Leader in Runflat Technologies. - Engineering <-- bottom right of this page shows the wheel and lockring like I need in 3D CAD style format. See how it's relieved for the air valve that bolts to the wheel. Very beefy locking ring. Searching the site will run you across the same style wheel on the Ebay link...but they are very different.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice! What are you going to run them on? Very interesting how the CTIS runs through the rim. Doesn't the FMTV run the CTIS through one of the lugs like that? I know they use an external wheel valve so maybe these are a prototype to get rid of the wheel valve?? Hutchinson is probably wondering how the heck you got your hands on them! :-D

spicergear

I'm slowly gathering parts for a 5 ton project and I'd really like to use these if I can round up or make them work. There is still a valve device on the wheel, taken off of mine, but you can see in the link the lockring is relieved for it. This wheel eliminated all the external plumbing. Yes, I do believe it's FMTV too. Yeah, when Hutchinson asked me how I got them...I asked THEM how I got them- :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks