• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum Wheels - Super Singles - Bobbed Deuce

patr

I'm making the switch to a bobbed duece; with big super singles, I will need to widen my wheels, which i can fabricate, although I think a set of aluminum wheels would look great with 15.5's or 16's.

Any ideas of switching hubs or adapting to a lug pattern that would fit? There are some nice used 20" wheels out there with 8-bolt patterns...Appreciate any advice!

bottleworks

RE: Aluminum Wheels - Super Singles - Bobbed Duece

How well does CARC stick to aluminum wheels? Or are you going for that "bling, bling" look?

Elwenil

Please, please, please don't do that to a military vehicle. You will give the poor thing a complex that could end up with permanent damage from.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

CARC seems to have stuck to my GRC-106, aluminum radio..

FreightTrain

Banned

sweet!Contact Alcoa.They might be able to make the supersingle wheels used on semis with the Rockwell bolt pattern without too much more cost.Bling baby!Not sure if they make 20" wheels but me and wrecker saw a really perdy 22.5 that looked like it was about 20 inch wide at a truck stop shop(try saying that 3 times fast!)

TedG

Last time I checked, my hmmwv tubs are aluminum and all have a ample amount of carc sprayed on them...Brushed aluminum rims might be anodized coated which could be an issue with carc.

weldergonecrazy

Contrairy to popular belief...paint sticks to aluminum just fine...as long as you prep the aluminum first. We build high end signs for places like Disney, and Sea World, and almost exclusively use Aluminum for the structures. We just use 80 grit sandpaper on the DA to rough up the surface and make it stick, then degrease it with thinner to remove any left over wax or oily residue, them prime it with a high build primer, scuff, and paint. We warantee the finish on our product for a longer period than the warantee on the paint itself. We usually use Mathews paints, unless the customer demands another brand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks