• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM FM Radio Kit for my 7ton

Camoguy

I thought y'all might like this. I been trying to figure out how to mount a radio in this truck without hacking it up. Check out this kit I found on northern tool. Almost plug and play. It even come with an antenna. I mean its not surround sound. But its better than nothing.

Attachments

Camoguy

Fused Power 12v and a ground! Thats it. The rest is self contained/prewired in that kit. Of course you will need to mount the antenna. Too easy
FYI.. Its actually for the truck Im expecting to be delivered tomorrow. I just used that one to take some pictures.

Camoguy

Attachments

MAdams

Interesting, the northern tool website says the radio is 12 or 24v but the instructions says hook it up to 12v

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Camoguy

Interesting, the northern tool website says the radio is 12 or 24v but the instructions says hook it up to 12v

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was going to try it but looking at the box it could come with one of 3 different radios. So, Im thinking now they sent me the wrong one. Or I wasnt paying attention when I ordered it. Oh well... looks like I caught it to late. Its installed now.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed an AM/FM/Cassette player in my M35A2. I had a spare military radio mount lying around so I installed it under the passenger seat, which already has mount holes and rivnuts. I installed a 750 watt inverter to convert 12 volt dc to 115 volt ac. It powers my LED Christmas lights. I’ll get a picture and post it if you’d like.

Camoguy

I installed an AM/FM/Cassette player in my M35A2. I had a spare military radio mount lying around so I installed it under the passenger seat, which already has mount holes and rivnuts. I installed a 750 watt inverter to convert 12 volt dc to 115 volt ac. It powers my LED Christmas lights. I’ll get a picture and post it if you’d like.
Yes sir, lets see it.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
my radio install photos. A couple points to ponder, eye r a hillbilly. I try for functionality then appearance. The boards are installed under the radio mount in order to create a sufficient space for cooling and in case water gets into the cab.

Attachments

Camoguy

my radio install photos. A couple points to ponder, eye r a hillbilly. I try for functionality then appearance. The boards are installed under the radio mount in order to create a sufficient space for cooling and in case water gets into the cab.
The burning question, How big is your cassette collection? I have not seen an actual cassette tape in a long time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks