• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amazing what some love,fresh gas, and a spark will do..

citizensoldier

Hauled home my prize and am fixing her up. I think the PA mice work for Goodyear and are craping out O rings in a factory! Because every piece of rubber on it was chewed on or chewed off.. Changed the oil in the Wisconsin motor, hooked it to my boat tank,, crank crank crank she purrrrred like a kitten.. Puts off some good power too! Hooked up three high wattage lights and she barely grunted. Now what to do with it? Hmmm.. Not a fan of the style truck this the box is on but if she proves to not have to many seriouse issues she just might get restored.. If not maybe set the box on a M101 trailer frame and sell the truck to a farmer down the road or wait for scrap prices to go up?... I love it when a plan comes together!

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great score, not only was the generator/welder in the truck for you, but the generator works!!! Now you need to weld something :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I wondered who beat me on that one! :oops: Sorry..... At least you were lucky , I was feeling cheap that day!:-D

citizensoldier

Give me a PM on your cheap days so I can bid on stuff out your way doghead! :-D The 318 runs like a champ too.. I replaced all the hoses today on it and she fired right up.. What a simple set up on these trucks.. Now for some brake action and tires..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad it was a good one! ;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I now have a welder for mine but need to gather some missing parts before it will have a chance to run. As you contemplated with yours, I'm pulling the SECM body off mine and putting it on the M116A3 frame but not before converting it to an -A2 trailer. I'm buying the M1008 from Wayne and the main intention was to put the body on the 08 but I think the trailer will serve me fine and the 08 can do duty as a pickup truck. Good deal on that one Lane, about how much did it set you back? My Dodge is headed out to pasture real soon.