• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AN/GRC-50 Radio question ?

Eric's hifim37

Hello All,

I have a complete AN/GRC-50 setup I was wondering if it would be worth hooking it up or just set it up for eye candy ? Also was this radio in a shelter or just a shack ?

I was just trying to get some info on what it was used for and what. This set up is massive and the weight ! many componets,

Looks cool though :)

Let me know if you want pictures.

Later, Eric..

ONTOS66

I don't have any "hands on" experience with this equipment, but a quick google provides a lot of info.

Try this link to see the AN/GRC-50 in a shelter as part of a system: http://www.cleocat.org/tour/

Drawing of the equipment and possible configurations attached from a correspondence course.

Hope that gets you on the right track.

Attachments

Trailltrader

I loved my AN GRC-50's. They were very easy to work on, had a HUGE frequency response (220Mhz to 999.99Mhz), could be encrypted with the KG27 computer system, had 200 phone channels and 10 engineering channels. They were heavy- mostly steel- and to use them today you would need a 10KW electrical source, another set to talk to/with, line of sight operations only, and a ham radio license and you would be restricted to those frequencies. To make a long story short? Eye candy or boat anchor- there's not even that much copper in them to make them worth scrapping out.