• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AN/MGC-17 Teletypewriter Central Office Parts Needed

StatesvilleNC

I'm hoping someone out there might help me find some oddball parts to complete my teletypewriter shelter. I've got it mounted on a trailer now, but am thinking about dropping it in the back of my M37.

Fortunately the Army labeled everything inside, so I know what goes where. I need the following:

On the Right Side:
  • "First Aid Kit"—the space is app. <15” across / app. 12” high / app. 1½” deep and there is a latch at the bottom that the kit hooks in to
  • Box under phone with metal frame—app. 7½” across / app. 7½” deep w/strap labeled "TSEC/ST-3"
  • "Drop Line Box"—app. 5” apart / w/catch at bottom app. 1 ½” deep w/ hooks at top
  • "Assess. Kit" (MX-230/PT…)— the frame that holds it is app. 5¼” by 5” w/long strap around front
On the Left Side:
  • "Waste Paper Basket" on back side at door—app. 6” wide / <8” deep / <18” high
  • "Safe"—the space is app. <17” wide / app. 14”-18” deep / app. 13”-14” high with 4 mounting holes that are 9½” apart wide and 7½” apart deep
  • "Switch Box" frame is on floor—app. 8½” by 8½” and up to 12½” high

• Seat (what I think are the mounting holes on the floor are 22 ¾“ apart)
I've attached some pics to give an idea of where everything goes.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Steve

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MX-230 is just a box that holds up to five spare circuit packs for the SB-22 switchboard I see in your pictures 'left-side-2' and 'left-side-3'. They are available from haineyelect and beltfed on e-bay from time to time. I probably have a bunged up one somwhere in my piles of stuff. The more modern version of the MX-230 is the MX-2915, so you could use one of those instead (they go with the plastic case SB-22A). HTH.

StatesvilleNC

Hey Mike,

That's good to know. I'll keep an eye on ebay and see if I can round one up. Thanks a bunch for the info. Hope to see you at a show in the Carolinas some time.

Steve

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come to the VA rally over Labor Day, or to the GA rally near the end of Oct. Saw Russ from Ft. Mill today at the SC State Museum where we took vehicles in conjunction with an event they had there. We also had a fellow from Roanoke, VA there - I'll see if I can get some pictures from SGM Peck and post them.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice job, a worthy restoration.
I sent you an e-mail about where to find more pics and the equipment list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks