• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An official military Bob job????

DanMartin

Relocated fuel tank, dual tool boxes, strange crane/winch thingy on the back....maybe for lifting up the hitching gear on something to be towed?

Some sort of a tug of some kind?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
In Maryland the National Guard put a HMMWV body on an M 809 series five ton that they chopped I saw it at a fair in Fredrick Maryland a few years ago. I asked and they said they used wrecked trucks to make it. It did look cool and I know they made it in the State Maintainance Shop and the Adjudent General at the time loved it.

L1A1

Re: RE: An official military Bob job????

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
In Maryland the National Guard put a HMMWV body on an M 809 series five ton that they chopped I saw it at a fair in Fredrick Maryland a few years ago. I asked and they said they used wrecked trucks to make it. It did look cool and I know they made it in the State Maintainance Shop and the Adjudent General at the time loved it.
I think I saw pictures of that thing in Military Vehicles magazine a while ago. They had a short article to go along with the pictures.
Matt

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you guys know of this mystical truck? It must be GL advertising here. :lol: Actually, I think units modded everything they can when they have the spare parts and time. (I actually have seen A/C tugs with cams and flames).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks