• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anchors and 5 tons and tanks

pa.rich

We went throu dunmore and dickson City to my daughter's on Easter and passed a nice 5 ton with fire co. water tanks on it , then a tank, then this huge anchor, The ladies I was with didnt want to spend much time, in fact, when I got out to stand next to the anchor, I thought they might drive away! I am always outnumbered. I just want to give the credit to the "EXCELSIOR FIRE CO." who has the five ton and on the grille is a bull head with a sign over it saying "FEAR THIS!". It is a good looking truck even though its red. I may be outnumbered, but I have more trucks in the yard!! :D rofl

Attachments

houdel

RE: Easter travel pics:

Probably either a dozer or a minefield clearing rig. Interesting exhaust on the fire truck also!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

It's for the dozer. The mine clearing plow utilized a different mount system.

What ship was that anchor off of? Very large, has to be an aircraft carrier or battleship anchor...

Blythewoodjoe

Why are all the tree's naked? We have enough leaves down here now to hide all my "stuff". I sure miss seeing it every time I look out of the window :)

pa.rich

Dinner was cooking and I ran for the picture, the ladies were yelling at me to get back to the car! They didnt even want to stop for any pics! So I didnt get a chance to read the plaque. Next time I visit I will go see what it says.
About the fire truck, Yes the exhaust was dual stacks behind the cab, coming up through the bed in the front corners.And the anchor was more than ten feet high.It doesnt look that high because of where I was standing.